Friday, May 25, 2012

Video: March through May

In the video below:

  • Loki recites "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" mostly on his own.
  • When he is tired, he says "Ik vind jou zo lief!" (literally, "I think you are so sweet" but it is really used more like "I love you.")
  • He dances to "The Divided Sky," the song which gave him his middle name. It seems he will fit right in. (my favorite clip)
  • Loki dances with Mom to a couple songs from his favorite CD (Putamayo World Playground. Thanks, Andrea!)
  • He sings "Kort Jacques," then "Mary Had a Little Lamb," first in Dutch and then English, with Rebecca. Between the two versions of Mary, he makes his new sound of surprise. "Wha?"
  • He is the clerk at his store. He negotiates the price with Mom. A couple times, he says one of his new favorite words, "'tuurlijk," which is short for "natuurlijk" and means "naturally" or "of course."
  • Loki looks for Easter eggs and candy with friends while in Belgium.
  • He plays pretend violin along with one of his favorite cheesy videos of Vanessa Mae. As she does some sort of routine in which she collapses and runs around the stage and audience, he does the same. 
  • He makes fresh orange juice with Opa (Mom's dad)
  • He practices acupuncture, first at the office (a little audio problem), and then at home with Tante Marieke.


Piapie said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVED watching Loki dance to Divided Sky! He has such a great sense of musicality and what a hoot to see him manage his moments of dizziness.

Looks and sounds like things are going well. I'll send you all the good vibes I can for the coming surgery.

Thinking of you three fondly!

About Loki Sky

Loki Sky is a special little man. He was a very early micropreemie, weighing only 610 grams (1 lb, 5 oz) after 24 weeks, 3 days gestation, born to an American Father and a Dutch Mother in Berkeley, California on October 18, 2008.

On January 11, 2009, while still in the hospital NICU, his one kidney stopped working. It was repaired after three surgeries. After spending time in three hospitals in three cities, Loki came home on February 17. He struggled with eating, and then stopped in July, leading to 8 days in the hospital, a failure-to-thrive diagnosis, and a NG feeding tube. On October 10, a minor surgery installed a G feeding tube. Another procedure replaced it with a new one, and then again with a Mic-Key button in Jan. 2010.

In August 2010, he and his parents moved to the Netherlands.

Read about his first name.
Read & hear about his middle name.
See photos.
See videos.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Loki's Holiday Gift Drive

Please consider donating to Loki's Holiday Gift Drive for the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center NICU. You can donate by Paypal or credit card here:

Click here for more information, including how to pay by check. For all posts on the Gift Drive, click here.