Sunday, October 17, 2010

September photos + video

Walking near our home:

Helping Dad with Dutch:

Flowers for Mama:

The two girls across the street from Oma's house absolutely love Loki. They often stop by and ask if he is available to play:

At Kyra and Erwin's farm, during the former's birthday party on their bamboo farm:

While there, he played with their son, Muus, who wore his wooden shoes and pajamas that matched Loki's (including the Jip and Janneke characters on the front):

Loki's wooden shoes:

With Patrick and Lea, who visited from California:

Loki took quite a liking to Lea:

We've not posted a video in a couple months. This one includes clips from the last 8 weeks or so, and is in roughly chronological order. In a couple places, we try to get Loki to sing along, which he often does much better than here on camera. He shows off his wooden shoes. He dances to Manu Chao. He plays with the daughter of Mom's close friend (his "cousin"). I apologize that one clip is 90 degrees off. I've still not figured out how to do that right.


Nana and Papaw said...

Oh - how cute! Growing up so fast. Can't wait to "see" you tomorrow when we skype to tell you and Daddy Happy Birthday. Love and miss you... Nana and Papaw

Greet said...

lieve Loki, gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag, ook voor papa en mama.
wat een prachtige video is het weer. ik hoop jullie snel te zien , wanneer verhuizen jullie en wat is het adres en telefoonnummer?
lieve groet van Greet

Mascha said...

My wonderful little Loki. You are turning two. It's your birthday already in Holland. Happy birthday. I am sure you will have a wonderful day. I would love to be with you and celebrate you and your terrific parents.

I love the video, and am very happy to see that you are doing so well.

Lots of love and many hugs from Anna and Mascha

About Loki Sky

Loki Sky is a special little man. He was a very early micropreemie, weighing only 610 grams (1 lb, 5 oz) after 24 weeks, 3 days gestation, born to an American Father and a Dutch Mother in Berkeley, California on October 18, 2008.

On January 11, 2009, while still in the hospital NICU, his one kidney stopped working. It was repaired after three surgeries. After spending time in three hospitals in three cities, Loki came home on February 17. He struggled with eating, and then stopped in July, leading to 8 days in the hospital, a failure-to-thrive diagnosis, and a NG feeding tube. On October 10, a minor surgery installed a G feeding tube. Another procedure replaced it with a new one, and then again with a Mic-Key button in Jan. 2010.

In August 2010, he and his parents moved to the Netherlands.

Read about his first name.
Read & hear about his middle name.
See photos.
See videos.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Loki's Holiday Gift Drive

Please consider donating to Loki's Holiday Gift Drive for the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center NICU. You can donate by Paypal or credit card here:

Click here for more information, including how to pay by check. For all posts on the Gift Drive, click here.