Thursday, February 16, 2012

Photos: December and January

With the gift drive and the holidays, we have fallen behind not only on posting on this blog, but even taking the photos themselves. Here are some photos from the last two months.

For Christmas, we had Loki pose with the hat and the bear that he got while in the NICU. At least one of them made it into the photo:

With Mom at home, Christmas dinner:

With Tante Simcha (Mama's step-sister) at a Christmas family gathering:

One day we'll get all the cousins (four kids among Mom's two step-sisters) in a good picture, but for now, here is a pile :

Loki is still absolutely crazy about playing music, especially violins. Here he used a full-size on as a cello in a duet with Opa Ruud's pretend violin:

For Christmas, Santa brought Loki a real violin. (It is tiny and has working strings and bow.) He can play it all day:

And in duets with Tante Marieke:

While at another family gathering, he got to play a harp:

We had some snow, so we got a wooden sled with a seat, and pulled Loki through the forest...: a sledding hill. Loki went down a few times (video soon):

Snow pose:


In the Netherlands, new year's is celebrated with fireworks. Loki had a sparkler:

We spent new year's and the week after at a friend's house near Maastricht. They were getting ready for their vacation, and the kids thought they should help:

On the train with Dad:

Mama sometimes goes to acupuncture. Loki got to practice with his bears:



Nana & Papaw said...

Miss you all very much. Sending hugs and kisses your way! Nana and Papaw love you!

Nana & Papaw said...

Really don't like this comment system. I DID NOT type "amp;" in the ID section! on original comment. Love you guys!

About Loki Sky

Loki Sky is a special little man. He was a very early micropreemie, weighing only 610 grams (1 lb, 5 oz) after 24 weeks, 3 days gestation, born to an American Father and a Dutch Mother in Berkeley, California on October 18, 2008.

On January 11, 2009, while still in the hospital NICU, his one kidney stopped working. It was repaired after three surgeries. After spending time in three hospitals in three cities, Loki came home on February 17. He struggled with eating, and then stopped in July, leading to 8 days in the hospital, a failure-to-thrive diagnosis, and a NG feeding tube. On October 10, a minor surgery installed a G feeding tube. Another procedure replaced it with a new one, and then again with a Mic-Key button in Jan. 2010.

In August 2010, he and his parents moved to the Netherlands.

Read about his first name.
Read & hear about his middle name.
See photos.
See videos.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Loki's Holiday Gift Drive

Please consider donating to Loki's Holiday Gift Drive for the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center NICU. You can donate by Paypal or credit card here:

Click here for more information, including how to pay by check. For all posts on the Gift Drive, click here.