Friday, December 21, 2012

Last chance....three more days!

Loki Sky and His NICU Friends Fourth Annual Holiday Fund

Three more days before our fund closes.... we have surpassed our goal as of today by receiving a total of $2030 from many returning and new donors. Thank You! Again we are helping many NICU families in dire need of financial support in order to bring their baby home from Alta Bates Summit Medical Center NICU! 

You can still donate. If you have not taken your chance yet, we encourage you to do so before Monday the 24th of December. The reality is that any donation is wonderful, and more donations means we can help more people buy cribs, strollers, car seats and other necessities in order to take care of their baby after discharge from the hospital. 

Monday December 31st our Ambassador Mascha Rodeck will visit the NICU to hand over our check to the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center NICU! Photos will be taken and shared! As other years we will hand over a letter to the NICU with a list of all donors. If you prefer to remain anonymous please let us know before Monday December 24th so we can take your name off the list.

How can you donate?

1) Internet: Please go to and use a credit card or Paypal account to send money to XXXX. Be sure to note "Holiday Fund" in the comments.

2) US: Please mail checks in name of: XXXX. Please write “Holiday Fund” in the memo.

3) NL: Maak geld over op rekening XXXX o.v.v. “Holiday Fund”

We have a somewhat tighter schedule this year, as we have been busy managing the consequences of our own child’s premature birth. Our deadline is the 24th of December.

With warmth and gratitude,

Loki Sky and his NICU Friends


Sarah Marcus said...

Embarrassed that it took so many years to contribute, but finally did it. Miss you all and hope to connect sooner rather than later.

About Loki Sky

Loki Sky is a special little man. He was a very early micropreemie, weighing only 610 grams (1 lb, 5 oz) after 24 weeks, 3 days gestation, born to an American Father and a Dutch Mother in Berkeley, California on October 18, 2008.

On January 11, 2009, while still in the hospital NICU, his one kidney stopped working. It was repaired after three surgeries. After spending time in three hospitals in three cities, Loki came home on February 17. He struggled with eating, and then stopped in July, leading to 8 days in the hospital, a failure-to-thrive diagnosis, and a NG feeding tube. On October 10, a minor surgery installed a G feeding tube. Another procedure replaced it with a new one, and then again with a Mic-Key button in Jan. 2010.

In August 2010, he and his parents moved to the Netherlands.

Read about his first name.
Read & hear about his middle name.
See photos.
See videos.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Loki's Holiday Gift Drive

Please consider donating to Loki's Holiday Gift Drive for the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center NICU. You can donate by Paypal or credit card here:

Click here for more information, including how to pay by check. For all posts on the Gift Drive, click here.