Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Surgery done

Surgery is over and all is fine. We are back in the familiar settings of 6-Long at UCSF. We even saw several familiar nurses who asked why we are here. We are settling in for what we hope is a single night.


Andrea said...

going to bed with you all in my prayers. besos!

Frits and Heleen said...

Luckily it went well. We keep sending good vibrations your way. Love and take care, Frits and Heleen

Kyra said...

1,2,3, hope! glad this is over. Wish you a lot of rest soon. XXXXXX without germs the positive aspect of digital communication. When Loki is a grown up we will say: remember in those days, when you couldn't get the Flu over the internet yet!

Love, knuffels, again and again.


marieke said...

Hey Ho Loki! I cross all my fingers for fast recovery. Hold on mom and dad, like you do for over a year now.
Mom, how were the pixies? Thats back in time!!
I try to catch the most energy I can before I come over. You can sleep a little more than when I do Loki sitting. By the way, I'm a hero in crash courses:-)

Circe said...

Met goede gedachten zijn we bij jullie!

Richard en Maaike said...

En nu dan echt de stap vooruit waarop jullie al ruim een maand hopen?

Mascha Rodeck said...

So glad this is over. Speedy recovery for my little trooper.

Hugs and kisses.

P.S. Don't you 'love' it when nurses recognize you?

Anonymous said...

Wat moet jullie kleine man toch weer een hoop doorstaan en jullie ook. Ik hoop dat hij snel weer mee naar huis mag.


About Loki Sky

Loki Sky is a special little man. He was a very early micropreemie, weighing only 610 grams (1 lb, 5 oz) after 24 weeks, 3 days gestation, born to an American Father and a Dutch Mother in Berkeley, California on October 18, 2008.

On January 11, 2009, while still in the hospital NICU, his one kidney stopped working. It was repaired after three surgeries. After spending time in three hospitals in three cities, Loki came home on February 17. He struggled with eating, and then stopped in July, leading to 8 days in the hospital, a failure-to-thrive diagnosis, and a NG feeding tube. On October 10, a minor surgery installed a G feeding tube. Another procedure replaced it with a new one, and then again with a Mic-Key button in Jan. 2010.

In August 2010, he and his parents moved to the Netherlands.

Read about his first name.
Read & hear about his middle name.
See photos.
See videos.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Loki's Holiday Gift Drive

Please consider donating to Loki's Holiday Gift Drive for the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center NICU. You can donate by Paypal or credit card here:

Click here for more information, including how to pay by check. For all posts on the Gift Drive, click here.